Since 2009, PILMMA—also known as Personal Injury Lawyers Marketing & Management Association—has been helping personal injury and disability attorneys network and learn more about the fast-paced world of digital marketing.
And since 2017, SLS Consulting, Inc., has been on the ground at PILMMA’s once-a-year main event, meeting and greeting attendees and handing out FREE, no-obligation website audits. Unlike other lawyer marketing businesses, SLS is a boutique firm that practices true exclusivity—we only take one client per practice area in a geographic region, and devote ourselves to that client. Still, we’ll be happy to do your audit no matter where you’re located, and more than happy to point you in the right direction for your marketing.
Last year we had a great time in Nashville; this year, you can “meet us in St. Louis” for PILMMA Super Summit 2018. Missouri at the end of summer? Sure, why not? The Super Summit will run from September 12–14, 2018, so if you’re anywhere in the area, we’d love for you to come out and see us!
An SLS team will be at a booth, answering questions such as:
- Is SEO (search engine optimization) really necessary for my website?
- How long does it take for my site to rank on page one of Google search?
- How should I use social networking for my law practice?
- How can I make my website look great (and convert visitors into paying clients)?
- And much more!
As an internet marketing firm that works exclusively with lawyers, SLS Consulting has answered all these questions too many times to count. Still, we never get tired of sharing information about our main areas of expertise:
- Website design: We offer custom website design from scratch, and don’t rely on WordPress. We also offer more cost-friendly templates that we personalize for each of our clients after talking with them and taking into account the firm’s goals, background, and unique values.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): White-hat marketing all the way. We believe in building a strong foundation for ongoing growth, and resorting to “tricks” or questionable “gray hat” schemes to get our clients ranking faster is a no-go. We keep up with and always follow Google guidelines while keeping the user’s experience in mind.
- Social media marketing: There’s no escape from social media…and lawyers shouldn’t try to. We celebrate social media for our clients as a strong branding platform, connecting the law firm with its audience and promoting good, authoritative content.
- Content marketing: Getting a search engine to rank a website high on page one is wonderful; but is the phone ringing? Are cases being signed? The problem may lie in the website content. At SLS, we believe in producing conversational and authoritative content—blogs, articles, infographics, and webpages—for the user first, not a search engine. Making a genuine connection to the firm’s audience, talking like a real person, can make a huge difference when it comes to conversion.
If you want a strong web presence, there are definite steps you can take. Making your website Google-friendly on the back end. Having clear and consistent contact information for your firm’s listings throughout the web. Providing useful, engaging, and accurate information for people who visit your website. Link-building with other quality third-party websites. Getting glowing reviews from satisfied clients. Interacting with a social media audience. All GREAT things, and ones that we pursue when working with our clients.
However, ranking doesn’t happen overnight, and any legal marketing firm that promises you “page one of Google!” or “our clients see a 50% increase in new client opportunities, guaranteed!” or “We’re exclusively focused on you (and your top three competitors or so…)” is probably selling something…and NOT a solid, long-term strategy for your website. Be cautious, and ask for case studies. A good legal internet marketing firm should be able to supply them in abundance.
With that small taste of the kind of advice you’d be getting at PILMMA this September, we want to remind you that there are other benefits to Super Summit this year. For one, PILMMA will be raffling off some amazing prizes, including all-expense-paid trips to the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby, and—oh yeah—a 2019 BMW Convertible. For another, you’ll meet wonderful people, like we did, and surely take home some tips you can take to the bank!
But, if you can’t make it to St. Louis for the PILMMA Super Summit 2018, you can still grab one of our free website audits. Give us a call at (323) 254-1510 or fill out our contact form to get started!
- Ask SLS
- Bail Bonds
- Google Updates
- Holidays and Other Fun Stuff
- Law Firm Management
- Legal Online Marketing
- Local Search
- Ms. White Hat’s SEO Corner
- Online Brand Development
- Online Content Development
- Online Review Sites
- Search Engine Optimization
- SLS News
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design