- Amount: $500
Payable to applicant chosen.
- Who can apply?
High school seniors and anyone currently enrolled in a secondary education institution.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
All application materials must be mailed no later than the deadline date. Materials received later will be rejected, resulting in disqualification. There will be absolutely no exceptions, so be sure to give your application plenty of transit time.
- Winner will be chosen by: May 15, 2016
Non-winners will not be notified.
Scholarship Requirements (Applicant Must Meet All Criteria)
- All applicants must currently hold or anticipate earning a high school diploma within the 2015-2016 school year, currently be attending an accredited four-year university or college, or currently be attending a two-year institution with the intent of transferring to a four-year university or college. So basically, if you’re a graduating high school senior, you’re currently attending a community college with the intent of transferring to a university, or you’re currently attending a university, feel free to apply.
- Applicants should also be pursuing or planning to pursue a secondary education degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Writing, Design, or Computer Science (basically all the different things we do here at SLS Consulting, Inc.). If you’re unsure of what you want to major in, still feel free to apply! The previously mentioned areas of study are what our staff majored in during school, so we thought it would be an encouraging place to start.
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Hold a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Be a US citizen and current US resident
- Applicant must complete two (2) written portions on application form:
- INTRODUCTION: 100-200 Words
SLS Consulting wants to learn a little about you and why you’re applying for this scholarship. Feel free to include fun facts about yourself, or anything else that you feel would help your application stand out and encourage us to select you.
- SHORT ESSAY: In 350-750 words. Please incorporate one or more of the following:
- How has the internet shaped your everyday life?
- How does what you post on social media sites today impact your future?
- Why is having an online presence important these days?
- How can you use the internet to make your mark on the world?
- What sets your "brand" apart from everyone else out there?
- INTRODUCTION: 100-200 Words
This is not an online application. Please download PDF form and email to email@example.com, once completed.
Finalists Must Provide the Following Documentation
- Unofficial and Official Transcripts
As our first round of screening takes place, an unofficial transcript from your most recent school attended is required. If our team decides that you may be a potential winner after subsequent rounds of screening, you will be contacted and asked to mail or electronically send an official, unopened transcript to help us verify that the information you provided on the unofficial transcript was accurate, and that you meet all other requirements. Please do not initially send the official copies.
- Current Proof of Enrollment
Examples: Enrollment verification letter, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester, etc.
- Photo Identification
Drivers license and/or passport will be acceptable forms of identification.
Applications and any questions should be emailed ONLY to Scholarship Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your application, you agree to use the scholarship prize for education purposes only: tuition and or related expenses such as school supplies, books, etc.
Submitting your application hereby gives us permission to use your Introduction and/or your Short Essay for the firm’s various marketing platforms, including but not limited to blog, social media accounts, and website. The information from your survey may be pulled for anonymous statistics. We will never ask to share information on your application form, as that is considered completely confidential.