Generating leads new leads is crucial for growing your law firm. Unfortunately, potential clients are understandably reluctant to do business with someone they don’t know. Referrals are a great way to build trust with potential clients, but sooner or later, you are going to have to start reaching out to people that you don’t have any previous connection with.
Cold calls are an extremely difficult way to generate new clients. People don’t want to be bothered, and there’s no reason for them to trust someone they haven’t met.
A lead magnet is a great way to establish trust and turn a stranger into a client. But it takes research, the right strategy, and a lot of hard work to develop an effective lead magnet campaign.
What Is a Lead Magnet?
A lead is someone who has shown interest in your company by calling your office, sending you an email, or leaving their contact information in a submission on your website or a landing page. You may attract potential leads to your websites and landing pages through SEO marketing, paid advertising campaigns, referrals, social media campaigns, and traditional marketing strategies such as billboards.
When you use an email marketing campaign or a social media strategy to attract new leads, people probably won’t respond unless you make it worth their while. But if you give a potential lead something of value, they automatically feel obligated to give you something in return. Robert Cialdini, author of Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, refers to this phenomenon as the Reciprocity Principle.
A lead magnet is a free gift or special deal offered to customers in exchange for their contact information. The purpose of a lead magnet is to position yourself as a specialist and build trust with a potential client.
An ideal lead magnet is helpful, credible, and sharable. The person who receives the lead magnet should understand its value right away. Receiving a lead magnet will urge a potential client to contact your office, so it’s a good idea to give your office manager a checklist of questions to ask when receiving incoming calls.
Examples of an effective lead magnet include:
- Discount codes
- White papers
- Cheat sheets
- A free consultation
- Free trials
- Tool and templates
- Case studies
Designing an Effective Lead Magnet Campaign
It often requires several touchpoints to build enough trust to convince a potential client to contact your firm. That’s why an effective lead marketing campaign is not a one-off. Instead, it’s an integrated part of your overall strategy that may also include retargeting, banner ads, follow-ups, thank-you messages, and engagement across more than one marketing channel.
You’ll want to consider these objectives when designing your lead magnet marketing campaign:
- Choosing your recipient. You’ll want to target your lead magnet campaign for clients and industries that you serve. It’s also important that a potential client can find the right person to contact within your law office, whether that means the office manager or a particular partner or associate.
- Choosing the right channel. For email marketing, the effectiveness of a lead magnet is dependent upon the accuracy of your list. The more you know about the recipient of an email, the easier it is to tailor an appropriate lead magnet. A lead magnet campaign can be very successful on LinkedIn because the social media channel allows you to target recipients based on several factors, such as industry, associations, interests, and position within the organization.
- Customize and personalize the lead magnet as much as possible. Adding the client’s name, a picture of their city’s skyline, and relevant information about the clients you serve will tell the recipient that you treat people like individuals.
- Solve the recipient’s problem. A template that makes it easy to customize outgoing emails, an infographic that’s a handy source of helpful information, or a white paper that includes useful insights about your practice will engender warm feelings and a sense of gratitude.
- Optimize your campaign by using keyword research and the correct tools to enhance your reach on the channels you select.
Let’s Grow Your Business Together
For over 20 years, SLS Consulting, Inc. has been helping law firms attract strong leads with enhanced marketing strategies. We don’t offer cookie-cutter solutions. Instead, we tailor our campaigns to meet your individual needs.
A digital marketing campaign from SLS Consulting, Inc. provides excellent ROI. Our websites have a conversion rate of five to seven percent. That’s much higher than the industry average of only two to three percent.
Reach out to us at (323) 254-1510 to schedule your free consultation today!
- Ask SLS
- Bail Bonds
- Google My Business
- Google Updates
- Holidays and Other Fun Stuff
- Law Firm Management
- Legal Online Marketing
- Local Search
- Ms. White Hat’s SEO Corner
- Online Brand Development
- Online Content Development
- Online Review Sites
- Search Engine Optimization
- SLS News
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design