The best way to thrive in any field is to find out what’s working for your competitors and do it better. No matter what type of law you practice, you are competing with your peers for a limited number of clients in your area. That’s why it’s so important to know what type of services your peers are offering and the marketing techniques they are using to attract new leads.
Digital marketers have tools to pinpoint the successful marketing techniques that local attorneys are using. This information allows you to build your own winning strategy.
What Is Competitor Analysis?
Competitor analysis is a crucial component of any digital marketing campaign. It starts when you provide your digital marketer agency with a list of the services you wish to promote. Your marketer will research the competition and establish benchmarks based on how your performance matches up against theirs.
Competitor analysis will help you:
- Identify your target audience
- Copy winning strategies
- Exploit your competitors’ weaknesses
- See who’s leading the pack
- Discover niche markets
- Find areas where there’s room for growth
Marketing Techniques To Help You Grow Your Business
Digital marketing is a SaaS (software as a service) industry. This allows your marketing agency to examine what your competitors are doing from anywhere in the country. Whichever marketing channels and techniques your competitors are using, there are digital tools available that make it possible to assess their performance.
You may not have heard of Screaming Frog, SEMrush, and Ahrefs, but these are some of the programs and platforms digital marketers use to analyze the competitive landscape in your industry. Your marketer will do a deep dive into the marketing techniques that are being effectively utilized by similar law firms in your region.
When their market research is complete, your agency will sit down with you and go over your options. Based on your preferences, your marketing agent will develop a blueprint for success, which will include the following types of marketing strategies:
- Keyword placement. Finding the right website keywords to promote your services is an essential component of an effective SEO campaign. This requires choosing the best combination of longtail and shorttail keywords and placing them effectively. It’s important to remember that if you overuse keywords, Google may penalize your website for “keyword stuffing.”
- Content marketing is the most economical and cost-effective way to attract organic visitors to your website. It’s invaluable to know how often your competitors are posting, the page and blog topics they are choosing, and the type of content that’s delivering traffic and converting new clients.
- Search engine marketing (SEM), also known as pay-per-click (PPC), is a form of paid advertising where marketers bid on a combination of search terms that will cause your firm to appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs). PPC is very expensive, especially when you are bidding for legal terms. It takes an experienced marketer to find the most cost-effective combination of terms that will direct traffic to your website.
- Other types of content. In addition to blog posts and web pages, other types of content that may attract visitors to your website include videos, infographics, webinars, press releases, case studies, and downloadable e-books.
- Marketing channels. Many law firms have found success using Email marketing, influencer marketing, and social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and TikTok.
- Backlinks be used to can boost search engine rankings. These are incoming links from websites that are local, relevant, and have a high internet profile.
Finding the Best Marketing Strategy for Your Law Firm
At SLS Consulting, Inc., we’re really good at what we do, and we have the design awards to prove it. For over 20 years, we’ve been helping law firms across the country. We’ll find the perfect strategy to get you new leads and grow your business.
One of our most successful tools is SEO marketing. Effective content marketing provides an unbeatable ROI for your law firm, and we do it a lot better than the competition. Websites by SLS Consulting, Inc. have a conversion rate of five to seven percent, which is much higher than the industry average of only two to three percent.
Call (323) 254-1510 to learn more today.
- Ask SLS
- Bail Bonds
- Google My Business
- Google Updates
- Holidays and Other Fun Stuff
- Law Firm Management
- Legal Online Marketing
- Local Search
- Ms. White Hat’s SEO Corner
- Online Brand Development
- Online Content Development
- Online Review Sites
- Search Engine Optimization
- SLS News
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design