Digital marketing is a multibillion-dollar industry. A major component of your law firm’s digital marketing campaign is attracting organic traffic to your website. When potential clients in your area search for the services you provide, you want to rank at the top of the page.
The Google algorithms that determine search engine results are the company’s most important asset, so much of the information about how these algorithms work is confidential. But Google does provide general information about their ranking factors, and they inform the public about major algorithm updates.
Digital marketers are constantly scrambling to adjust to Google algorithm updates, such as Panda, Penguin, Medic, YMYL, Hummingbird, and Vicinity. In addition to these major updates, Google algorithms are evolving daily thanks to AI technology.
In the constantly changing digital marketing landscape, marketers have to be on their toes. If you want to grow your law firm and attract new clients, it’s important to find a digital marketing agency that stays on top of the latest trends.
What Are Ranking Factors?
When a potential client in your area makes a query that’s related to one of your services, you want your firm to show up at the top of the first Google search engine result page (SERP). Ranking factors are the criteria used by search engines that determine the order it will appear in search results.
There is a raging debate among digital marketers and people who study Search Engine Optimization (SEO) about the significance of various ranking factors. All types of ranking factors are subject to change in the volatile world of SEO, but there are strong indications that the following components are essential Google ranking factors:
- Relevant Keywords are crucial for effective attorney SEO. Digital marketers use tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and Semrush to find out which keywords are most effective for people in your area who are searching for your services. AI keyword research word is an exciting new resource that’s emerging. It’s important to use keywords strategically, placing them in title tags, meta descriptions, headlines, and body content. But if you overuse keywords or put them in the wrong places, Google may penalize your website for “keyword stuffing.”
- Link-building. Incoming links to your site, referred to as backlinks, will improve SEO when the incoming links are local and relevant to your practice. But irrelevant and spammy links that come from questionable sources will cause Google to penalize your website.
- Mobile optimization. These days, most searches Google searches are conducted on smartphones. That’s why your website has to function at a high level on all types of devices. It’s essential for your website to load quickly and look good for cell phone users. No matter what size screen your visitor is using, your website must have clear fonts, viewable graphics, and internal links and buttons that are easy to use.
- Page Speed is the number of seconds it takes for your website to become visible and interactive from the moment a user clicks on the link. Page speed has a huge impact on the bounce rate, which is the number of users who leave the site without taking any action. In addition to enhancing user experience, a fast page speed also improves website crawling, making it easier for Google to index your website.
- User experience (UX). Google wants users to have a pleasant and satisfying experience when they visit your website. Important UX Components include fonts, color scheme, graphics, layout, whitespace, buttons, and anchor text.
- Technical SEO covers the structural elements in your website that make your site accessible and attractive to the crawlers that Google uses to index websites. Important technical elements include an XML sitemap, website themes, HTTPS, structured data, internal linking, workable URL structure, and concise coding.
- Authoritative content. Well-written and grammatically correct pages and blog posts covering a variety of topics related to your firm’s practice areas will direct traffic to your website and convert visitors into leads.
- Correct citations. It will damage your rankings if Google detects irregularities regarding your phone number, physical address, and email address. This information must be consistent on your website, Google Business Profile, Yelp, online directories, and everywhere your contact information is visible on the internet.
We Can Update Your Website or Build You a New One
If you want a website that attracts visitors from Google queries and convinces them to contact your office, call SLS Consulting, Inc. Our websites have a conversion rate of five to seven percent. That’s much higher than the industry average of only two to three percent.
Let’s sit down and talk about how we can grow your business together.
Call us at (323) 254-1510 to learn more today.
- Ask SLS
- Bail Bonds
- Google My Business
- Google Updates
- Holidays and Other Fun Stuff
- Law Firm Management
- Legal Online Marketing
- Local Search
- Ms. White Hat’s SEO Corner
- Online Brand Development
- Online Content Development
- Online Review Sites
- Search Engine Optimization
- SLS News
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Website Design