SEO Specialist – Search Engine Optimization Department
SLS Consulting, Inc. is a Pasadena-based Internet marketing firm that specializes in attorney web marketing. We have clients across the country, we've been in business for close to two decades now, and we're currently searching for a talented SEO Specialist to join our in-office team! If you have previous SEO experience and you live and breathe all things search engine optimization, we're interested in hearing from you.
We're looking for someone who can work with the other members of our SEO department to help improve rankings and conversions for our clients. Major responsibilities will include:
- Editing client websites to ensure each applies best practices for optimization, linking, and more.
- Reviewing and carrying out complex plans for optimization and marketing.
- Contributing to monthly and quarterly reports with information found in Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and more.
- Analyzing competitor sites and reporting on linking opportunities.
- Corresponding with team members concerning status and progress of tasks.
- Collaborating with the Lead SEO Specialist to determine the best course of action for clients.
To help give a better idea of what we're looking for in an SEO Specialist, here are some basic qualifications that our ideal candidate has to have:
- At least 2 years of professional work experience with an Internet marketing firm.
- Strong SEO skills (preferably in the realm of lawyer marketing).
- Firm grasp of industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics & Search Console, and backlink tools such as Majestic, Moz, and Ahrefs.
- Working knowledge of HMTL, FTP, Dreamweaver (or comparable HTML editor), and Wordpress sites.
- Background in writing preferred (not required).
In addition to the qualifications outlined above, we're looking for someone with a really positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and a true "team player" mentality.
Recap and Other Important Information
We’re looking for a team player who can work with other members of our SEO department to make strategic changes to client websites. If you have an eye for detail and are as comfortable following detailed instructions as you are performing self-directed work, this might be the perfect position for you.
The SEO Specialist will operate as part of a team that requires cooperation and efficiency. Our ideal candidate stays up-to-date on the latest shifts in the world of SEO (particularly Google updates), and is always aware of best practices when it comes to marketing on the Internet. Because this position will carry out white hat changes to highly individualized campaigns, it is imperative that our ideal candidate can readily adopt new strategies.
Our office works a modified 9/80 schedule, meaning we work 9 hour days (not including lunch), but as a result we have every other Friday off. In addition to the three-day weekend that you’ll get every other week, we also offer paid holidays, vacation time, bonuses, and profit sharing (to name just a few of the perks).
We’re currently looking to fill this position immediately, and are in need of an in-office candidate to fill the role (sorry, no telecommuting). Our office is located in the Pasadena area, so local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply if they have the necessary skills and experience needed to become a member of our team.
So How Do I Apply?
If you feel as though you have the experience and the know-how, and you're looking to grow with an established company, please send us...
- Your Resume
- Cover Letter
- Salary History and Requirement
- Links to websites that you were responsible for SEO and rankings
- Professional and personal references ready upon request
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us about job opportunities. Please, no phone calls about job opportunities. Please do not contact us about other services, products or commercial interests.