San Francisco Law Firm Search Engine Optimization to Attract New Leads
San Francisco is a world-class city with an extremely competitive business climate. Digital marketing strategies that may be successful in smaller markets aren’t going to work here. That’s why your San Franciso law firm is going to need a digital marketer who can handle the big leagues.
At SLS Consulting, Inc., our clients have been ranking at the top of the search engine results pages in the biggest markets in the country for over 20 years. No matter what type of law you practice or who your competitors are, we know how to connect your law firm with people looking for your services.
Ready to learn more? Give us a call at (323) 254-1510 and schedule a free consultation today.
What Is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization (SEO) provides a level playing field, allowing you to compete with anybody, no matter how much they spend on advertising. All you need to rank at the top of Google search engine results pages (SERPs) is a good website that has the right content.
When visitors are directed to your website from a Google search query, it’s referred to as organic traffic. Here’s what you need to do to direct organic traffic to your website:
- Upgrade your website.
- Decide which services you want to promote.
- Develop content that answers the questions that potential clients are asking in Google queries.
Our team at SLS Consulting, Inc. will make sure your website has all the features you need to encourage the Google bots to crawl your site. If your content satisfies the user intent of people making queries, Google will respond by placing you at the top of their SERPs.
How does SLS Consulting, Inc. know what potential clients are asking on Google? We use diagnostic tools like Semrush and Ahrefs to determine which searches people are using to find your competitors’ pages. Then, we beat your competitors by creating original content that’s a lot better than theirs.
San Francisco Law Firm Content That Ranks Higher in Google Queries
Google won’t reveal the algorithms they use to determine their search engine rankings. After all, keeping that information secret is crucial for maintaining Google’s competitive advantage. But Google does provide Search Quality Rater Guidelines.
According to these guidelines, there are key factors Google uses to rank websites for businesses that impact customer health, safety, and financial well-being. Google refers to this category of searches as Your Money or Your Life (YMYL).
YMYL queries include businesses such as doctors’ offices, law firms, and financial consultants. Google is very strict about this type of content, and they are quick to penalize YMYL websites that contain unverified claims and other types of questionable content.
Google’s guidelines for assessing YMYL content are referred to as E-E-A-T, which stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. In other words, your information must be reputable and adhere to the consensus held by experts in the field.
In addition to meeting Google’s E-E-A-T standards, website content that ranks high on Google YMYL searches must be engaging and enjoyable to read.
Helping Your San Francisco Legal Website Attract New Leads
There are a number of factors that will cause Google to penalize your website, including poor layout, unreadable fonts, slow-loading pages, and spammy links. Our engineers at SLS Consulting, Inc. will audit your site and recommend upgrades that can dramatically improve SEO.
Components of a website that will attract a high number of Google results include the following:
- Mobile optimization. Your website must have clear fonts and graphics and buttons that are easy to use on all devices. These days, most Google searches are conducted on smartphones.
- Title tags and meta descriptions enhance Google rankings and increase click-through rates when used correctly.
- Fast loading speed. If it takes more than a few seconds for a page to load on a computer, a significant number of visitors will never see your website. An attractive design will include an enticing color scheme, sufficient white space, well-placed graphics and photos, and other essential aesthetics.
- An “About Us” page is one of the most visited pages on your site. Professional-looking staff photos, trust badges, and other details will increase conversions.
- Keyword optimization. Keywords are an important ranking factor, but if you overuse them or put them in the wrong places, Google may penalize your website.
- Internal linking creates an intuitive user experience (UX), and it also makes it easier for Google crawlers to index your website.
- Calls to action (CTAs) must be featured on every page to increase conversions. A CTA incites a reader to contact an attorney with your firm.
- Site structure should include concise coding, correct URL structure, sitemaps, and other elements that encourage Google to index a site.
Doing Business and Thriving in San Francisco
People come from all over to enjoy the beauty, elegance, and charm of San Francisco. The city features amazing views and some of the best dining you’ll find anywhere. Fun activities in and around San Francisco include hiking in Muir Woods, riding a cable car, taking a tour of Alcatraz Island, visiting Fisherman’s Wharf, traveling down Lombard Street, or catching a Giants game at SoFi Stadium.
San Francisco has a robust economy, and it’s a leader in many industries, including:
- IT and Software
- Venture capital
- Real estate
- Professional business services
Ready to Start Getting More Leads?
At SLS Consulting, Inc., we know the ins and outs of SEO. Our websites have a conversion rate of five to seven percent. This is much higher than the industry average, which is two to three percent.
Our digital marking strategies offer outstanding ROI. Let’s sit down together and talk about how we can grow your business together.
Call (323) 254-1510 to learn more today.